Fire Risk Assessment
Fire requires three key ingredients to start. These 3 elements when combined are often referred to as the ‘Fire Triangle’ or ‘Combustion Triangle’.
All must be present as listed below for fires to occur:
- A source of ignition (heat)
- A source of fuel (something that burns)
It is a statutory requirement that employers, building owners or occupiers carry out a Fire Risk Assessment and keep it up to date in order to comply with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The RRO replaced over 70 previously separate pieces of fire legislation in the UK.
HBI Fire Risk Assessment
HBI have a dedicated team of professional Fire Risk Assessors with experience working in a large range of building types including schools, commercial and domestic premises, health care properties and hotels.
The HBI Fire Risk Assessment is a thorough appraisal designed to:
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify the people at risk
- Reduce the risk of a fire occurring within a building
- Reduce the potential damage a fire may cause
- Reduce the risk of injury or death to building users in the event of a fire
Each of our Fire Risk Assessments will identify areas including:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Fire fighting equipment
- Safe storage of dangerous substances
- Suitability of emergency fire evacuation plans
- Needs of vulnerable people, eg the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Staff Fire Safety Training
- Hot Works Policies and Procedures
If you would like more information about Fire Risk Assessment or Fire Safety, please contact HBI on 01189 889999