Legionella Awareness Training
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) often highlights a lack of competency amongst staff or insufficient Legionella training as contributing to individual & management failures in preventing and controlling Legionnaires’ disease outbreaks.
HBI deliver high-quality Legionella Awareness Training in the classroom setting that can be hosted at a client’s premises or our own offices.
The half-day training is suitable for a wide range of individuals who may be involved in day-to-day Legionella control including:
- Duty Holders
- Responsible Persons & Deputies
- Estates and Facilities Officers
- Buildings Managers
- Engineers and Maintenance Personnel
Our standard courses are designed around the key learning areas of the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8 (2013) and Guidance documents HSG 274 (Part 2).
A typical course outline for Legionella Awareness Training (for Hot & Cold Water Systems) is shown below:
- What is Legionnaires’ Disease
- Introduction to Legionella Bacteria
- Legionella Growth Factors
- Legislation & Guidance (AcoP L8 & HSG274)
- Hot & Cold Water Risk Systems
- Introduction to Legionella Risk Assessment
- Case Study: Barrow-in-Furness Outbreak
- Written Schemes of Control
- Monitoring & Logbooks
HBI are also able to offer training solutions to organizations operating Evaporative Cooling Systems & Cooling Towers as well as providing refresher training and bespoke training options.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our Legionella Awareness Training Services.